VP of Operations
- Location: Maryland
- Job #: 1064
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Category: Other
Overall, this position involves a diverse set of responsibilities that span across multiple areas, all aimed at making the community more vibrant, sustainable, and engaging. Effective leadership, budget management, and collaboration with various divisions and stakeholders are critical for success in this role. Manages a team of 80-100; Provides Executive Reporting and Presentations on sustainability, maintenance, oversight, and direction of large-scale land management facilities. This is an outward facing leadership role.
- Operation and Management: overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department of 100 across 7 departments.
- Sustainability: Promoting and implementing sustainable practices and initiatives – environmental conservation, green infrastructure, and eco-friendly programs.
- Budget Oversight: Managing an operating budget of $15 million and a capital budget of $10 million. Responsible for allocating these resources to various programs and projects within the department.
- Executive Presentations/Community Engagement: Primary focus of this role is to foster community engagement through various means, including improvements to open spaces, capital projects, and long-range planning. The aim is to create a more livable and vibrant community that residents are actively engaged in.
- Capital Improvements/Long Term Planning: Develop and implement long-term plans; Direct capital improvement projects, major infrastructure and facility upgrades.
- Additional roles in Facilities Maintenance; Real Estate Services; Events; Open Space Management, Community Outreach;
- Minimum 10 years management and leadership experience
- Strong understanding of Open Space Management and Sustainability
- Effective Speaking and Presentation skills to include Public Speaking
- Experience in working with complex, politically sensitive and high visibility projects and issues involving a variety of stakeholders.
- Thrives in fast past shifting priorities environments
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree.
- Ability to work in an office setting and after hours